Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nikki And Mary Jane Join Our Family



Town Cats prefer to place their cats in indoor homes. My purpose of having cats is to balance the population of squirrels and rodents in our yard/barn. Having indoor-only cats would defeat my purpose. Rosi, the head of Town Cats, and I reached a compromise: she would provide a cat condo for me to cage Nikki and Mary Jane for a period of time to have them imprint on me and our yard.


On August 31, Bobby of Town Cats came to my home with the condo and Town Cats volunteer Mary transported Nikki and Mary Jane in her car. Bobby set up the cat condo in my barn and put Nikki and Mary Jane into the condo; he and Mary also examined our yard.



My rabbit barn, also home to Nikki and Mary Jane.


Mary Jane at the top and Nikki at the bottom. Litterbox has yet to be filled and only water is available when the condo is first set up.



Nikki and Mary Jane can observe the "weird" animals that are called English Angora rabbits living their lives in the barn.




No comments:

Post a Comment